Saturday, April 18, 2009

04-18-09


This spring has been very wet in southeast Oklahoma. I have a few favorite spots where I like to take pictures, where the water doesn't really run until we have torrential rains. That happened last weekend, and I took advantage of it. The picture here was taken in Beavers Bend State Park, and this stream is usually a trickle at best. I took at least 30 pictures of this stream and the small waterfalls until I found the right combination. Then the sun came out; it was 1:30 or so, and the light became very harsh and ruined the photo for me. I looked up,and could see the clouds moving quickly across the sky, so I decided to wait. After 20 minutes, the clouds came back, and I was back in business. Next week, I'm taking a "mini" vacation, and visiting the Buffalo River area. I've been once before, and I'm excited about going back. If things go right, I'll have some more pictures to post.

1 comment:

Kin said...

Very nice photo!